Tue. Mar 22, 2005

I Feel Pretty!

There have been some faces in the news lately that have stood out to me in ways they might not have stood out to you. Because, like the one I see in the mirror each day, they are 46 year old faces. I’m normally not the type who worries about grey hair or other effects of aging, but when I see this comparison of 46 year old faces…

46 Year Olds

...I feel oh-so-pretty!

1  Jan wrote:

Your pool of data is … shall we say, limited?

How about some pictures of …

Viggo Mortensen
Lorenzo Lamas
Ice-T
Kevin Serbo
Prince Albert of Monaco
Gary Oldman
Ron Reagan
Kevin Bacon
Tim Robbins

and then we get to vote?

Comment by Jan · 03/22/2005 01:44 AM

The criteria for my “pool of data” was “faces in the news lately.”

Your poll of 46 year olds is decidedly B-list old news.

Besides, the point was to make me feel better about my decaying shell. Therefore, the pool must be small.

3  edudude wrote:

Which one is you?

Smartass. Your wife has been a terrible influence on you.

I’m the one out of three above who has not been on the front page of the newspaper for alleged heinous crimes.

I’m the Good 46 Year Old.

5  Paul wrote:

So, Reid, I guess the neuralizer didn’t take…

You’ll conform to the identity we give you, eat where we tell you, live where we tell you. From now on you’ll have no identifying marks of any kind. You’ll not stand out in any way. Your entire image is crafted to leave no lasting memory with anyone you encounter. You’re a rumor, recognizable only as deja vu and dismissed just as quickly. You don’t exist; you were never even born. Anonymity is your name. Silence your native tongue. You’re no longer part of the System. You’re above the System. Over it. Beyond it. We’re “them.” We’re “they.” We are the Men in Black.

6  Jan wrote:

Your poll of 46 year olds is decidedly B-list old news.

meow

Kill your ego.

Do you see the moon in a dewdrop?

Comment by Jan · 03/22/2005 08:21 AM

Ried,

Did you seriously just post a picture of your paypal credit card with the first eight digits showing? The last four aren’t confidential. That just leaves 4 to guess at.

Yes, the picture is conceptual and pretty and all, but is it worth literally eight orders of magnitude of security?

Comment by emcee fleshy · 03/23/2005 10:43 PM

Sir Fleshy, do not go about the Innernut thinking every picture you see is real.

Do you really think someone who could use Photoshop in their sleep wouldn’t shoot a wider version, clone some numbers out of their natural order, and then crop it to what you see, just because he’s the paranoid and untrusting sort who posts here semi-daily?

I did the math, and the cloning. And you forgot the expiration date.

So you can shut down that algorhythym you’ve got running in the background…

okay. just made me nervous in that watching-somebody-cut-celery-without-bending-their-fingers-under way.

10  Jan wrote:

Please blog something else to get these scary pictures below the fold. Here’s a good subject:

‘Faces of the Fallen,’ Art of War Dead